Saturday, July 24, 2021

'Sunrise' acoustic live

 Sunrise



'Sunrise' is actually an instrumental I wrote as a young pup in the 1980's. It was influenced by classical guitar, new wave chords, Larry Norman's acoustic guitar playing and just made it up over a number of months. I remember I was still working on it while travelling around Western Australia, so it was written in rooms, on a touring bus and who knows where.

This version above I don't play completely correctly to the original I wrote but it is close. I couldn't actually remember how to play it fully. This clip still captures the essence.

Back in the 80's and early 90's I would play it live at concerts as part of the set and some people seemed to like it. 

I recorded it in a studio back in the 80's also for a friend who was studying sound engineering but I have not heard that tape since. Part of the 'lost tapes' to make it sound more important then it is. I once had a copy of the tape but lost it years ago. 

This version is a mash-up of a 2008 recording I did into a multi-layered, over produced (on very poor equipment) version from the 1980s. I don't mind it but some of the simplicity is lost in translation. I don't regret it though, as music is always an ongoing experiment for me:


And here is the 2008 backroom version that I recorded using a web-like cam, I 'borrowed' from my kids gaming console:


And that's all I have to say about that.












No comments:

Post a Comment