Sunday, July 25, 2021

Blue Leaf Green, the making of

 Blue Leaf Green


The title of the song doesn't mean anything, I liked the images the words conveyed.

The background of this tune came out of conversations I was having with a few people about if it is -still- worth the effort to spend time making music. The end result is 'yes', it is part of my DNA and so it is important for me to keep writing, even if only a small number of people hear it. I get something mysteriously beneficial personally out of creating. And 'yes' if a small number of people hear it or download the music, then if other people's lives have been positively connected, encouraged, then that makes me very happy.  I have been told by people that they have used it in various ways. So onward I go.  

This song came from the end of a difficult day, so I locked myself up for a few hours and wrote it on acoustic guitar. I then used computers to provide the backing. I made a little clip here showing some of the putting together:


I partially take clips or pictures of when I'm writing or making a song, so I have a record of how I did it. I also like learning how other people write and record their music, so if anyone (I don't expect many) want to know how I do this, here it is.

I work on a tight budget (for music, after the household is taken care of), so much of my software is freeware or open source and surprisingly good. I have also been gifted a few instruments, computers and music software (and ideas!) from kind souls around on this globe. 

I have a bandcamp page which you can pay what you want - including a '0' if you are under financial pressure for my last decade of music: https://timoestmann.bandcamp.com/

This particular tune - isn't on there yet (as I write this 25 7 2021), as I wait until I have a least four tunes to make an EP. 

However, you can download it from my Soundcloud Page by clicking on the 'download' as shown here:





All the music I write and record is (and loops and samples as far as I check and am aware) are OK to use for personal use if you want, you can share it too. Just not for commercial use without permission. Basically, I'm OK for people to download it. If you want to use it for anything else just get my permission. You'll find me online :-)

I have really appreciated the many musicians who have enriched my life daily and I hope this drop in the big ocean of music will encourage at least a few others.

Blessings. Tim O  












No comments:

Post a Comment