Saturday, July 24, 2021

Going Home

 

Going Home





After spending so long to make the last song (Spark) I decided I wanted to make a really simple tune and make it piano based. The title 'Going Home' is really from meditation on the world at the time of writing this and also losing people in my private life. So it's a sad but yet hopeful little ditty.


I wrote the initial chords on acoustic guitar and then transferred it to keyboards. I had my wooden headed companion to help me out.



I can play basic keyboard but find keeping in time difficult, as don't have a great sense of time, so I write on to a piano roll in LMMS and then tidy it up. I rarely quantise music, even though I use a midi keyboard to computer, as I don't want it to sound too perfect. I prefer to try and keep the original feeling, even if there are minor mistakes.


Even though the tune is simple, it still took a lot of work to try and get it tight and sounding 'right' to my ear as you can see from some of the files:






Some of the piano roll, using LMMS DAW:



And the final mixing together, as usual, I used Sonar LE:




Some of the VSTs used: 




Wooden Man says 'hello' to you and thanks for reading this ;-)














 

No comments:

Post a Comment