Saturday, March 18, 2017

Refuge

'Refuge'

Here's the clip:



You can download it on soundcloud for free if you like: https://soundcloud.com/tim-oestmann/refuge 

I've been trying to teach myself Ableton Live 9 Lite on and off for the last few months. I actually found it counter intuitive to most programs I have used before. Probably because I am mainly a home-producer and not a performer (except I did last night after a decade of absence) I have been using FL Studio type of programs like LMMS and Sonar.

It was finally after watching teenage YouTube tutorials that I found a foot into it and discovered the differences and how it worked. So I decided to limit myself to making a tune totally on Ableton Live 9 Lite, which I did..well...sort of. I used all the 'on board' sounds to make the tune, which were quite impressive. I added some 140 bpm drum loops later in the tune from the good people at looperman.com to add some muscle to it.

I also took the raw tracks and edited them slightly in Sonar Lite to bring out the best and minimise the worst parts.

Here's some photos while I was making it to show the sounds I was using if you are familiar with Ableton 9 live lite:









Here are the chords I wrote as I was writing it - now you can play along if you want ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment